Because malevolent is too hard to say!
And you can't tell me the alien ain't CUTE!
"How stupid do you want them to think you are?"
Seek the power, find the Sock of Destiny!
The hostile team now consists of scads of
people hardly ever posting to this site! Of course that doesn't actually
equate to any more posts, it just ups the brownian motion of the
system a bit more.
Earth First! Make Mars Our Bitch!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- 1:59:00 PM by sklutch
- We're not dead, here, we're just busy with...you know...life. Our generous host is being abused by his employment, I'm wallowing in unemployment (finally getting enough sleep), and we're both addicted to a video game . It's bad, kids...we've even lowered ourselves to pushers, ensuring one of our friends had a copy so we could all get together in coop play. I now understand how the gaming subculture can exist.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- 12:29:00 PM by sklutch
- From today's gaming session:
Catholic/Jewish prostitute: World's guiltiest pleasure.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
- 8:02:00 PM by sklutch
- Apparently, I'm not permitted to have a washing machine that works. I bought a new GE Profile (to replace my old GE Profile, which drowned in the recent Louisville flood) and now it doesn't work, either. It won't spin at all...which was the EXACT symptom exhibited by the drowned washing machine.
Now I've got to put in a service call, while until they show up I have to run 1/2 loads and cycle them through the dryer a couple of times (since they're sopping wet).
And people wonder why I prefer drop off laundry at the campus laundromat...
Saturday, December 05, 2009
- 2:30:00 PM by sklutch
- For those who've been curious, Hostile has been languishing due to the real life of its owner. Poor bastard's been covering for a fired employee during the semi-expansion of his Real-Life-Employment.
Everyone send good karma thoughts to him when you get a chance.
*I* on the other hand, am just a lazy a$$hole who doesn't want to share...so there. Neener neener neener!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- 9:52:00 PM by mark
- In Happy Feet, our hero winds up with a transponder on him... and its serial number is "// LeBJ760308 //". Imagine my disappointment with the internet that Google gets no hits on that.
Movie fans. Shame.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- 8:10:00 PM by mark
- Putting this here for when it is once again needed: "But to sometimes split an infinitive is something up with which we will not put!"
- 5:03:00 PM by mark
- I gotta start doing this at work.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
- 2:17:00 PM by mark
- Popehat... I've been reading it for a few weeks now. Great blog. Up there with Lowering the Bar for fun legal stuff.
The reason for posting, however, is that he's 8 years beyond me in coming up with a term I've needed at least that long. What do you call someone who (delusional or just weird) wants to (be/pretend to be) a vampire? Poseferatu. F-ing genius. Wow.
- 11:36:00 AM by mark
- One of the candy machines at work has the price of one item listed at 80¢ but the actual price when you purchase it is 60¢. So, you know, "woo hoo"!
So, the next thought is to either exploit this or report it and pay up to honest levels. Complicating this is the fact that I have no idea who to report it to... and I'm a greedy bastard. ;-) Further complicating it is the fact that the next slot in the candy spiral is empty. That means that my first candy bar costs 60¢ but the second one winds up costing $1.20.
So, how many candy bars do I have to buy to "true up" to 80¢ per bar? 3, as it turns out. (4 * 60¢ == $2.40 == 3 bars @ 80¢) So, hurray for word problems, right? Interestingly enough, there are just 2 bars left in there behind the empty slot. But, I decided to take my 20¢ gain and call around to find someone to fix the beast. That way I come out ahead and at least feel fairly honest about it.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- 1:47:00 PM by mark
- As you can tell from the server being up... our power is back on.
I get to shower in hot water when I get home. *sob*
P.S. This is post 6001. Wow.